February 9, 2009

Draper Temple

I am SO looking forward to going to the Draper Temple open house on Tuesday with my friends Cory and Kylee. The temple is right by my best friend Tiffanee's house. It's such an awesome experience to go to these open houses because after the temple is dedicated only worthy members of the church are allowed to go through and even then there are still certain rules members need to abide by. These open houses give everyone the opportunity to see how gorgeous temples are inside and to feel the spirit as they walk through. I remember going to the Boston and Manhattan temple open houses. My friends that have already done the tour of Draper say it's gorgeous inside. This time last year we drove own from Logan and went up to see the temple as it was still under construction.
I remember at the very beginning of the Fall 08 semester we went up to see the temple again at sunset and it was a gorgeous view of the valley and the outside of the temple was complete.
The lights were on, but the construction fences were still around it because they were working on the inside of the building. I even forgot my car keys up there on the mountain that night! I remember we talked about going to the open house and now it's here! I'll be sure to put some pictures up from the outside of the temple on Tuesday,no pictures inside! :)

1 comment:

  1. This blog is awesome!!! I'm glad that we could go to the temple open house together :)

    ReplyDelete