February 9, 2009

The Heart of the Matter

So here's the blog. Never thought I would be one to get into this at all. It could be nothing but a good excuse for me to get off Facebook. Yes, the title of this post came from the title of a song by Bryan Adams. I have come to realize that a lot of time is wasted on negative emotions. Anger and frustration are optional emotions. Suffering is inevitable, misery is optional. Granted, you're not getting walked all over. I'm not one to hold a grudge, but I'm not one to get walked all over either. I just don't let the negative define me. But what is beautiful about it is how much more "real" a person is when they've gone through some seriously tough times. It's beautiful knowing that your limits have been pushed and the person you are now is better than the person you were before. I've had some intense heartbreaks in my life, most of them happening within the past year, but I say bring on the heartbreak if it's going to make me a better person. Bring on the heartbreak if it's going to make me stronger and better prepared for the inevitable disappointments that go along with life. What else is life if we aren't learning and progressing? It's a beautiful thing I tell you. For me, B. Adams says it best.

There are people in your life who have come and gone. They let you
down, you know they hurt your pride. You better put it all behind you
baby because life goes on. You keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you
up inside, baby. I've been trying to get down to the heart of the matter,
but my will gets weak and my thought seem to scatter but I think its about
f o r g i v e n e s s .

No comments:

Post a Comment